Saturday, February 11, 2006

2-9-06

I was trying to remember, when did my mind start deteriorating? I would assume my first pregnancy was the start. One story seems to be the beginning of the downward spiral. My oldest talks (screams) in his sleep and fell out of bed frequently we he was younger. Now as a mother you can get 10 hours of sleep or 4 but the exhaustion continues. So I would hear a thud from his room or chatter I’d get up check on him and continue back to bed. When he was about 6, my husband and I both sleeping, I heard the crash or thud. I immediately sat up and screamed “Oh my god Jim he’s broken his leg!” My husband bolted out of the room at top speed to save the day, this is when my uncontrollable laughter started. Instantaneously I had realized what I had done. Firstly, I really didn’t know if any injury had occurred because of course I had not seen my child. Second and most importantly was that my husbands name is not Jim. It was if someone had given me laughing gas because I could not stop giggling. When my husband came back in the room, he had also realized that I was nuts, he had fallen for my delirious sleepless talk. He crawled back into bed tired from the “fire drill” I had just put him through and I can’t stop shaking with giggles. Each and every time I start to control myself he would whisper… Oh…my gawd… Jim… I began to think this is more than putting the peanut butter in the fridge and the jelly in the cabinet. My mind is melting… My life so far…

No comments: