Wednesday, February 22, 2006

2-21-06

Out the mouth of my six year old (just from yesterday)…

As I ask her to eat her lunch I said “you ate so well last night”… She gives me the “duh” look, “I was just trying to impress you.”(I guess I’m only allowed that impressive behavior once a year.)


We are looking at a magazine with beauty products, we come across some wrinkle cream, and she says “you really need that because of well you know.” My oldest jumps to my defense and says that’s not nice. She tells him “you need something for all those pimples.” As we stare at her with shock and awe she screams “I don’t know what I’m saying I have an earache, I’m sick!” (And low and behold we take her to the doctor and she does have an ear infection, I did not get any confirmation that this hampers her ability to express thoughts.)


She comes downstairs angry because her older brother has more baseball card then her. I said you want baseball cards. “No!” she yells. I’m confused, what is the problem? She looks at me (the duh look again) “It’s just not fair!” and the storms off.


I tell her maybe she should rest for awhile (this turns ugly). I then say maybe you should just play quietly. Polly Pockets? “No because I’ll leave shoes out and I’ll lose them, I can’t clean that up properly!” Maybe just set up separate areas? “No then I’ll have to move all around the room (a space the size of a 5 by 8 rug) I’ll be exhausted!” Maybe change the dolls clothes? “No then they’ll be stuff everywhere, under the bed it will be a huge mess!” Gameboy? Now she just gives me a look, which again means “duh”. At this point I grab my chloroform filled cloth and miracles of miracles she sleeps the whole night.”

No comments: