Saturday, February 11, 2006

2-3-06

Last night as I head to bed I think what I think most every night, what time will the baby wake me and will I end up with a crick in my body from sleeping in his room. Fortunately my husband offered to lay with him if he awoke. Now my husband I believe is like most in the sense that he doesn’t normally hear cries in the night. A screamer in the night and the man is dead to the wind, a sharp object to the backside will help him along (I then pretend to be snoring away not hearing anything myself.) So when he offered I was skeptical knowing I would have to wake him up anyway, but what the heck a night off is a night off. Well the baby didn’t start the screaming till 5:45am and I knew it wouldn’t be good because his screams mainly consisted of ma,MA,mama,ma,MAAAAAAAAAA! I poke my sleeping husband anyway and he slowly (can I emphasize slowly), Shirt on, pause, socks on, pause, bathroom break, pause, and etc. All the while the screams are vibrating through my skull and at this point I’m thinking maybe I should have just gotten up! He lethargically slunk down the hallway. I can hear that the baby’s pissed now so when he sees his dad the Mama’s start right up again. After what seem forever quiet came, but not long later the baby awoke again with the same squeally pleas. “Mom I know you’re in there, don’t you love me?” “Mommy I’m hurting inside, you’re scarring me for life!” “Just come get me, I love you the most!”(Disclaimer: the baby doesn’t talk author is taking creative license). As I tossed and turned for what seemed years Dad finally got up to calm him down. They headed back to our bedroom, where the baby clung to me for life. As my beautiful baby dozed off into my arms… BEEEeeep, beep, beeeep, its time to get up. My life so far…

No comments: