Monday, October 30, 2006

10-30-06

Friday night was game night with all my girlfriends, and game night is code for pig out night. I took the liberty of studying the 2006 food pyramid guidelines and wanted to alleviate some stress (ladies no worries about those delicate figures) by showing that what we ate fits into these categories perfectly (my interpretation). First grains: We had mass quantities of this area, pumpernickel, beer bread, sesame rods, pretzel crisps, crisp rounds, grahams, and others. You need 6 oz. From this section and I’m sure we topped that, bravo ladies. Second vegetables: 2.5 cups this gets a little trickier but here we go, Spinach dip (hello great veggie), chopped red pepper in the sausage purses (tons of anti- oxidants I’m sure), and that’s really it but I’m almost sure I got to 2 cups of that stuff. Third Fruits: Hello apples and what tastes better than apples, fluff ‘n’ stuff with apples! Also I’m counting pixie sticks; they came in a variety of delicious “fruit” flavors, so I think we are covered there. Then we touch on oils, duh we more than touched that! Fifth is milk :( a mean category for me let me tell you, but that didn’t stop me), Dips, and that’s all I should say there were at least 5 different kinds. Not to forget the variety of delicious cheeses. Finally meats and proteins: well I already mentioned sausage purses and the sesame rods that I mentioned for breads… wrapped in bacon! Killing two birds with one stone, we are the brainier species. I did leave out some keys items (cream puffs and lava cake) but the moral: No pyramid is too high especially if you are trained mountain climbers (code word for eaters).Thank you and good day.

No comments: