Wednesday, October 25, 2006

10-25-06

Ever been to a “Costco” (bulk ‘r’ us), I have not had the pleasure until yesterday. My sister has one of these memberships that you need to get into the exclusive facility. If you’ve never been it is quite a sight. You could purchase a 9 ft. pre- lighted Christmas tree, or perhaps a flat screen TV for $1799.00 or you may just be running in to get that nutcracker arbor that you missed out on last year, or finally maybe just picking up that mass supply of teriyaki beef jerky that you crave ever so often. So you can see the confusion sets in immediately. I don’t want to pass up some deal of the century or miss out on getting the 30 packs of gum, because you never know when you’ll get stinky breath and with 30 packs, I could almost guarantee that you would not catch me with halitosis. So after you take all that into consideration I thought I would share what I did pick up at Costco with you. Let me preface by saying that I am not pregnant (but I’m still loopy)… A 3lb. 4oz. bag of plain M&M’s, a 2.5 quart jar of pickles (spears), a 5lb. 4oz. tub of animal crackers, laundry detergent, fabric softener, a ginormous bag of pretzel crisps, a carton of Nabisco items (Oreos to Ritz bits), 3 pot roasts, Christmas cards, and finally a case of Capri sun juice(variety of flavors). What can I say, I’m eclectic. What I really needed was vegetable oil but all it came in was an 8 gallon jug, and I didn’t want my husband getting his hopes up for some recreation of some strip club thing he saw in the 80’s.

No comments: