Friday, October 06, 2006

10-06-06

Remember my visit to Target with the kids, well I went alone today and fortunately I didn’t have to deal with misfit children but I had to deal with my own covetousness (my big word of the day, if you don’t like my stories maybe you can learn some vocab).So just to begin, its probably not a good idea to go down each and every aisle. When I was staring at all the different choices of bathroom cleaner (who knew of all the upgrades since my scrubbing bubbles came on the market), I should have realized that dilly- dallying would cost me. So when I finally reached the last aisle (on just the right hand side of the store) and a lady looked into my cart and said “Oh, I’d hate to have to put that all away when I got home” I should have ran straight to checkout. But NO…I plugged on over filling the cart. I had some gawkers, amazed at the balancing act I was performing but I proceeded on, looking at snow pants and Christmas presents (I know I’m insane). Eventually I reached the checkout and began to unload my ample supply of goods. The cashier had to use the big bags! The bags for a lot of stuff, the garbage sized bags, the bags reserved for the elite Target shoppers, and I knew my bill would be unmentionable (especially to my spouse). Any way what I’m getting at is I can’t tell “him” (my hubby, my other half, the man who thinks paper towels are a waste of money) how much I spent. To get to the point I would like all (twelve) of my readers to pledge some dinero to get me out of hock. If any of you can boost my readership the deposit from each of you could be minimal. So for any of you that have found yourself wandering through life (or a major discount store) and getting in a little over your head (with parmesan and garlic potato chips) I plead to you. My comrades, amigos, mothers (and fathers I know you’re out there), help this mom (bury the truth from her husband). I thank you for your time.

No comments: