Friday, October 27, 2006

10-27-06

You
I look at you from afar
I cannot reach you
The distance is great
I want to control you
I cannot
It pains me to think of me always reaching for you
You seem broken
You were my best friend
So reliable
Full of stories
You seem broken
You

Maybe poetry should be my escape now that my TV controller is missing again…

This was an email I sent to my husband at work. I wanted him to be with me through my sadness, but he immediately thought it was about him. It’s about the TV. I thought I’d put into word a poem for him.


Selfish
Worried about you
No feelings for others
Sitting alone in a dark room
No ambient light coming from my TV
Alone
All about you
What about me
Missing a piece
Alone
Selfish

While he’s at work trying to provide for our family (I’m just here to raising the children of our future!), I’m trapped here without any connection to the outside world (at this very moment a tear is running down my cheek.) My favorite song lyrics come to mind… “What about me, it isn’t fair
I’ve had enough now I want my share
Can’t you see I wanna live
But you just take more that you give”

This is a fave of my sister and me. I am saddened that I’m not even sure who sings it (again another tear). Can this day get any worse?

No comments: