Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Dolla dolla bill ya'll

I was so excited to hear my daughter had a dance coming up, and we could, with her permission, go dress shopping! My sister wanted to go too, this is epic for us a real live dress- up doll (but this one talks back- ugh). Back on topic, I decided to go to Nordstrom's! Look it up if you don't know what I'm talking about. I don't have Nordstrom money but I wanted to have a gander at what the froufrou are wearing. Let me say first the store was busy, I know it was a Saturday but we can't all be here to have a gander, can we? Recession hasn't hurt this group of shoppers. A shirt in this store can equal a car payment (a nice car). Car payment, shirt, car payment, beautiful silky woven from butterfly wings that caresses the skin shirt, or car payment...I'm focused! We headed to the juniors department, where there were some thin mints hanging around who weren't close to being juniors, but hanging on, you go grandma! I was surprised that the dress area wasn't that bad, price wise. So we grabbed a couple frocks and headed to the fitting room or in Nordstroms, the dressing area. My sister didn't get to come in actual changing room, daughter vetoed. So she was stuck outside the door singing 'One is the loneliest number' or tapping on the door repeatedly or "I can hear you talking, what's so funny, what's happening, let me in, I'm blood, come ooooonnn, it's taking forever, show me show me", you get the drift. Somewhere in between we inherited a salesgirl, Jemma, she was a gem! She brought us stuff from all over the store, shoes, dresses from another areas, cardigans, this is what you get when you have money, or when you look like you will spend it, it is called customer service, this is when assistance and other resources that a company provides to the people who buy or use its product or service (shout out to dictionary.com). I mean I wanted to ask for one of those fancy coffee drinks but I don't drink them or know their names, cocoa milky choka? Creamy dreamy foamy vanilla beany thing? Five dollar brown gloopy glow? I bet I coulda got one, for real people. We decided to put a dress and shoes on hold and continued the mall circuit. We even ate the customary Auntie Anne's pretzels, I should say my daughter and I did. My sister did not! She is not only spinning with me, I'm sure you've heard about, but watching what she eats! I know, I know, I am having a 'get together' for her tomorrow night, when all her loved ones surround her in a room, read her their hand-written heartfelt letters, and send her to the mall food court or airport terminal until she feels better, 30 days or so. Ultimately we ended up with the Nordstrom dress, so cute a black and white number with a little lace. But we couldn't do the cute shoes, I hadn't seen the price originally, they weren't  a car payment but definitely an electric bill! 

 

No comments: