Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thanks for the mammaries...

My sister came to my work last night to help out. We are five years apart and it’s always funny to me that even though I don’t think we look much alike our voices and mannerisms I guess are the same. The ladies that I work with all just stared at us and were really totally freaked. “It’s like there are two of you” or “I hear an echo”, or many just were silent. We told the story of our basement growing up, how all our clothes were always downstairs by the washer. I’m not even sure who did laundry because my mom worked all the time but nevertheless the clothes never made it back upstairs to our rooms. So every morning before school we would have to go down and get our clothes (strict dress code at school: All must wear clothes). But because the basement freaked us out we would scream all the way down and all the way back up, because I guess if we weren’t screaming then you knew to send help, wise ones we are- that’s Yoda speech I love using it because the kids are digging Star Wars right now. You to can impress your friends or family by speaking this way, just take a regular sentence and say the back half first and the first half last such as “Your own butt please wipe” or “Grounded you are”. Anyway distracted I am so back to the story. So when coming back upstairs neither one of us wanted to be the last one in the basement so we would literally crawl (me) over one another on the stairs setting aside all risk for injuries to reach the top first. Don’t really know the point of this tale but I guess it’s not another mammary feature…

No comments: