Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Papa pressure

My dad comes into town tomorrow and I’m already feeling a heighten level of stress. Figuring out where everyone will hang, what to do, and of course knowing my father and his stress level. So I call him to confirm the time he’s flying in and during the conversation he begins to have what sounds like perhaps a heart attack. It starts with a groan and then a “hold on” an “ow” then “let me put the phone down”. While the phone is down he is continually repeating the same noises but now at a distance. I am trying to talk, but his continued pain cries drown me out. Finally I hear “I’m stuck”, I’m yelling in a well? manhole? the seventies? (just joshing). He eventually crawls back to wherever he has dumped the phone and tells me the saga of what has just occurred, he apparently has dropped a “pilla” ( pillow, he’s from Texas) behind the couch and when going to retrieve it, while talking on the phone, got his arm trapped between the couch and wall, and his arm is really red. Okay, I told him I getting him the white haired lady “I fallen and I can’t get up” thingamabob and from now on when on the phone he is to remain stationary. Oh let the good times begin…

No comments: