Monday, April 28, 2008

Misty Winds 4-28-08

Is it my job to teach a boy to pee standing up? (As I am a girl or a woman or a milady…the waitress kept calling me that the other night, no we weren’t in England) This is the dilemma I faced as my 4 year old had to pee so badly that when I asked if he could “hold it” until we got home meant him literally clamping down on it like a vise. So anyway we decided to just pull over and let him pee outside (grandmas and grandpas remain calm). Now he has been trained to pee sitting down… this is after the research I have done with my oldest and knowing you guys can’t aim for squat. Sitting down has a 73% chance of staying within the “boundaries” that are allotted for the average bowl. Now being that I, me, numero uno, is the only one cleaning that area then I am going with the statistics. Ok that said peeing outside was kind of a bust, some went this way, a lot went that way, but very little just went away from him. So this then led to the discussion of who should have shown him how to perform this maneuver. I believe I have clearly stated that I am not “equipped” to teach and so it is not my responsibility. Done. End. Finite. Another person in my household, his title rhymes with “paddy”, constantly proclaims his “equippedness” to anyone who can hear. Perhaps this said person should have taken the tyke out back for some “water gun” training? Um… I win…

No comments: