Saturday, April 03, 2010

My Grandma Hazel

Chasing my sister around with a live shrimp, it cracks me up and she can not eat seafood to this day.

Never telling us her middle name- years of badgering only to find out it starts with a 'B', me telling her I'm now calling her Broomhilda.

Watching her stress over who would get her faux/real animal like stole. I told her it wouldn't be a problem... really no worries.

Talking to anyone and everyone in any and every store we entered about nothing and everything. I am now cursed/blessed with the same affliction.

Her booming voice, my grandpa was hard of hearing so she spoke in the same volume to all. Easy for eavesdropping, even if you weren't.

Our Gin Rummy and Dominoes games.

Learning that 'sot' was used in multiple crossword puzzles.

Anytime you ask what's for dinner her reply, "Poison!"

Listening to our 'orginal' organ music which seemed to drive her crazy, but she never removed the organ from the home which I took as a sign to keep on creating.

Never scolding me for my sense of humor and always wanting me to share with others.

Love you...

No comments: