Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Soap Text or Text Opera

I think Facebook and texting has taken away my ability to write and communicate in a normal way. I haven't written in ages, I know my follower,on my infamous blog here, has been on pins and needles to see what's up with me. But instead of actual speech I like to converse in 140 letters or less. My sister is going to murder me because I will text her constantly but when on the phone it's brief. But some of my best material is spontaneous such as this morning when I text reviewed General Hospital for my sister. Went something like "Watching Lucky on SoapNet. He is going for an Emmy. Red demon eyes and harsh words." Seconds later I text again "Luke's growing his hair out for a pony perhaps? Elizabeth and Nicholas are giving it all to Lucky. Their emotions are flat not deep." Still no reply from little sis I continue on more texts. "Now I'm watching freak babies read the flash cards," (commercial you have to be familiar with). Now I am so excited my phone buzzes, I'm getting a text!!! Her reply "oh". Now you think this would derail me I'd get the hint a back away... no I push on, "Precious little girl trembling in the snow... He is GoOd!" I believe she will have to participate now...nada, zilch, nothing- "Oh I write you a novel and you give me "Oh"". I sense irritation in her next text with "I know!!" but I'm not a mind reader. So I proceed with my review, "Father son time". "Luke stand up you can be nominated too." Good stuff right? I'm thinking I have a new career. Her reply- "laundry". I tell her, "You will not be nominated for any Pulitzer for this text chat." Her- "nope", you can feel my frustrations now. I tell her "I need more I want you to reach down deep. Reach to the bowels of your belly." Now she finally comes to, "I will gladly talk on the phone it takes less time." Really? Have I not established that this phone chat crap is out. Am I not transparent enough? My final reply, "I seemed to have this writer in me. This is probably why I don't blog anymore I use all my goods on an ungrateful sl... Oh sorry overcome by GH (General Hospital). I though I was going for an Emmy....

No comments: